LEATHER CRAFT BASICS WORKSHOP - SAT 15 MAY 1pm
SAT 15 MAY 1 - 3pm
Join us to create your own leather wallet pouch. This 2 hour workshop is perfect for beginners, no prior experience is needed.
Craftsman and founder of Maverick Made. Customs, Shaun came from a fine arts background, pursuing a post-graduate in RMIT, Victoria (Aus) after his degree in LASALLE College of the Arts (Singapore). He started Maverick Made. after a more-than-brief stint doing food deliveries in between jobs, where he realised he loved working alone, but also wanted to create meaningful everyday-carry products with his hands.
- Enough vegetable tanned leather to create a pre-designed wallet pouch with flap closure.
- Cutting mat, pen knife, pricking irons, mallet, harness needles and thread, punching pad, specialty leather working tools and safe substances (water-based glues, burnishing gum) used during the workshop.
- Do note that tools featured are for illustration purposes only. The tools provided would be of a different make and quality.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- What is vegetable tanned leather, and how to tell the difference betweentypes of leathers and their quality
- Handling leather
- Traditional hand-stitching techniques (saddle stitch)
- Basic edge finishing
- Leather after-care
1. Natural tan (brown), buffalo leather - Origin: India (pictured above)
2. Black, water buffalo leather - Origin: India
*Each session is limited to 4 participants.
*Min 2 participants required to start the workshop. Workshop may be cancelled if there are less than 2 participants and a full refund will be provided to you. We will walk you through the steps. The class size is kept small to allow a more engaging experience.
Purchased sessions are non-refundable. If you are unable to attend, and want to transfer the session to your friend, go right ahead! We ask that you contact us at 8111 4833 to keep us informed. This will allow us to welcome your friend and call them by the right name and keep them updated on any changes, if any.